Volunteers have an enormous impact on the success of Art Shanty Projects. Our On-Ice Program utilizes the talent and time of over 70 volunteers each year. We depend on their generosity to keep our program free and accessible to all visitors. There are many opportunities available for those who wish to make a difference
- Artist Support Construction – Get hands-on with Shanty artists as they create their structures by hammering, painting, and other build support
- Artist Support On-Ice – Support shanty artists and performers during the on-ice program by working directly with artists to make sure visitors receive a warm greeting
- Community Outreach – Support various off-ice projects throughout the city all year long
- On-Ice Support – Answer general questions, hand out programs, and conduct surveys
- Traffic Control – Direct traffic flow, assist audience members to the ice
- Accessibility Support – Help make the ice accessible to all visitors
On-Ice Program hours are January 20-February 11, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am – 4pm. Volunteers are scheduled in two-hour shifts for outside positions (with warm-up breaks). Volunteers are invited to participate in special staff-artist only events.
If you are interested in volunteering, please register at shiftboard.com/artshantyprojects. Once your application has been processed, sign in with your temporary password and take any open shift on the calendar-there are shifts available December through February. If you have any questions about volunteering, or would like to register as a group, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.