Since 2005, Art Shanty Projects has organized a month-long public art happening that transforms unregulated public spaces into interactive, artist-driven temporary communities expanding notions of what art can be.
The 2017 On-Ice Program will be located on the frozen surface of White Bear Lake during mid-Winter 2017.. For updates and a schedule of events, please continue to check our social media outlets and sign up for our mailing list.
ON-ICE PROGRAM - WHITE BEAR LAKE - 2017
General Driving Directions* to White Bear Lake County Park:
- Leaving Mpls /St Paul on I-94 turn North on I-35 E
- Travel North to MN 96, Turn Right/E – 10.5 m
- Travel to US Hwy 61/ MN 96, Turn Left/N – 2.0 m
- Travel to Lake Ave /MN 96, Turn Right onto Lake Ave /MN 96 – 1.0 m
- Travel on Lake Ave /MN 96, take the 3rd Right, turn into White Bear Lake County Park/Ramsey Co Beach – .5 m
* For alternative routes, search White Bear Lake County Park, 55110 on Google or MapQuest for directions from anywhere in the world.
The Art Shanty Projects are located approximately 1500 ft offshore on the ice. Ice Access is by the boat ramp in the South East corner of the parking area. We strongly encourage you to dress for cold weather and snow: boots, snow pants, coat, hats, mittens, scarf, etc. to ensure your experience on ice is enjoyable.